Where are my Sagittarius at?! It’s SAG season!! My fingers are covered in my cbd lotion (shout out cbd infuzions code 40% superhero) I truly like sharing that there is an actual CBD lotion for times like this (typing on laptop) where the lotion blends unlike sticky cbd topicals. ANYWAYSSSSS I am now writing to share 💫 25 💫 powerful things I have learned living with chronic illnesses.
I am definitely not your average 25 year old but if you’re reading this I am sure you’re not the average to your age either. Which is NOT a bad thing. It’s something to be PROUD of. You are not basic 😉 Just complicated 😉 or severely complicated hehe. Anyways since my 25th birthday just passed I thought it would be a good idea to share 25 things i’ve learned living with chronic illnesses… ready? Lets go!
25 powerful things i’ve learned living with chronic illnesses
- How people act towards you has nothing to do with you and everything to do with them.
- Setting boundaries are essential to survive.
- So is morning and night routines.
- That truly living is not going to out to bars or clubs but actually appreciating every little moment in life knowing that things can change in a second.
- The most beneficial quality to have during suffering is surrendering. Surrendering is not weak, it’s the complete opposite. Surrendering takes incredible strength.
- Everything really does happen for a reason, even if we don’t know the reason now.
- Do not force anything, let the universe (or whatever you believe in guide you)
- Your gut feelings are NEVER wrong. Trust the signs.
- People can never understand what you’re going through unless they are in the same shoes.
- Doctors don’t know it all and no amount of textbooks read our unique individual bodies.
- People don’t always know how to be there for you but that doesn’t mean they don’t care.
- Patience, true true patience.
- When someone is sick, the whole family gets sick.
- Worrying does not change the outcome, it only adds more stress.
- You can be on your deathbed and people will still be selfish.
- You can’t care what others think (finally after 25 years I learned this) because no matter what people will judge, people won’t understand and I am mad for all the times I felt I needed to prove myself to people.
- My mom is my angel and without her I am not sure how I would get through this healing journey, which is why I share everything I learn with you all.
- There are a lot of sick people who are suffering in the world and not enough answers.
- There are a lot of kind caring people in the world.
- Affirmations are really so powerful.
- I am resilient. Truly resilient.
- Resting is productive, resting IS doing something.
- Having chronically ill friends are the only people I can never lose a bond with, because we will forever unfortunately AND fortunately share the same bond being chronically ill and not understood by the world.
- To shift my focus to what’s working in my life instead of what is not.
- To celebrate the small wins because in the end it’s all the little wins that matter most.
I’d love to know powerful things you have learned this past year!!! Comment below 🙂